Transfers4Travel Safety Policy
Transfers4Travel are totally committed to the safety of our customers, staff, suppliers and anyone else who is connected to our business. The general nature of any travel operation means there are risks to be considered. With this in mind, we, as a company, recognise the importance of safety which forms an integral part of our business. This affects the suppliers we work with, the staff we employ and is a primary focus of our management team.
Our Terms explain our responsibility and that of our Suppliers :
Our responsibility for your Booking
Your contract is with the Supplier and its booking conditions will apply. As agent, we accept no responsibility for the actual provision of the transfers. Our responsibilities are limited to taking reasonable skill and care in selecting suppliers, and making the booking in accordance with your instructions. We accept no responsibility for any information about the transfers that we pass on to you in good faith. Furthermore, we accept no liability for any illness, injury, death or loss of any kind. Any claim for loss, injury, illness or death should be pursued with the Supplier directly or may be covered under the terms of your travel insurance. We only accept liability to you for claims which arise solely as a result of our own negligence. However, in the event that we are found liable to you on any basis whatsoever, our maximum liability to you is limited to twice the cost of your booking (or the appropriate proportion of this if not everyone on the booking is affected). We do not exclude or limit any liability for death or personal injury that arises as a result of our negligence or that any of our employees whilst acting in the course of their employment.
We provide emergency contact details for our Suppliers so any eventuality can be handled such as delays, diversions, accommodation changes or amendments to your travel itinerary etc.
It is our duty to take due care and diligence in selecting the Supplier we work with. They must adhere to certain criteria which they agree to by way of a contractual obligation with us – see below.
The Supplier certifies (for itself and 3rd party & outsourced providers) that the Services:-
- shall be provided using all due skill, care and diligence.
- shall be of a good standard, using vehicles which are mechanically sound, clean and in full working order in all respects.
- shall at all times be supported by arrangements for international breakdown and accident assistance; and the facility to confirm flight arrival times.
- shall comply with all applicable national, local, trade and other laws, regulations, rules and codes of practice (including any directly applicable EU legislation) which affect the performance of this Agreement in any way including by way of example and not by way of limitation those relating to driver's hours and standards of vehicle safety. The Supplier shall produce all applicable certificates, licences and other documentation confirming compliance with this clause to T4T on demand.
- shall be provided using the type and size of vehicle confirmed to the Passenger by T4T on behalf of the Supplier at the time of booking.
- shall be provided using drivers and other persons who are appropriately qualified, experienced and capable of competently performing the work for which they are provided and more particularly drivers shall:-
- be familiar with and have travelled the routes in question previously.
- be sufficiently experienced and capable of competently carrying out on the spot minor repairs to vehicles used as part of the Services.
- be neatly and smartly dressed, polite and helpful towards Users and employees.
- observe all applicable speed limits.
- have appropriate mobile telecommunications equipment which will be kept available and will be in full working order.
- be advised of their own and where relevant the Supplier’s obligations and responsibilities under this Agreement and that they will fully comply with them.
- arrive at pick up points not less than 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time.
- The Supplier shall ensure all vehicles (including owned & third party) are fully taxed, tested, insured and hold all required certification and operating licences in accordance with local laws and regulations.
- All relevant certificates and documents shall be held on file and made available to T4T upon request.
- All vehicles must be serviced and maintained in accordance with manufacturers recommendations and local laws, and documentation records must be kept and made available if required.
- All vehicles shall be fitted with seat belts in accordance with local laws.
- Child seats / booster seats must be made available in accordance with local laws; if there is an applicable cost for these, this will be detailed in the Pricing & Payment section of Schedule 2.
- All vehicles should be equipped with safety equipment as stipulated by local laws, such as warning triangles, high visibility vest, blankets, snow chains etc
- Vehicles should be clean and drivers must ensure this is checked prior to use.
- All passengers must have a seat; vehicles should never be over-loaded.
- All drivers must be qualified and legally entitled to drive the vehicle in the respective country.
- All drivers must be fit to work in accordance with laws regarding working shifts / rest periods, alcohol and drug abstention prior to working.
- No smoking should be allowed in any vehicle; drivers must adhere to and enforce this rule.
- Drivers should only use mobile phones whilst driving when utilizing a hands-free system.
- All drivers should be smart, polite and courteous, and hold an appropriate command of English to perform their duty effectively.
If you have any questions or require any further information regarding our Safety Policy or that of our Suppliers, please contact us by :
Post - Transfers4Travel Ltd; 14 Hemmells; Laindon; Essex; SS15 6ED
Telephone - 0843 459 0831
Email – email@example.com